Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Five reasons why Grover is the best Sesame Street character

As a kid, I used to watch quite a bit of Sesame Street. I learned a ton while sitting in front of the 'tube, watching it on PBS. I learned to read, to recognize ROYGBIV, to count, to share and to cooperate. I loved Big Bird, Telly Monster, Cookie Monster, Oscar the Grouch and Mr. Snuffleupagus. But most of all, I loved Grover. I loved that skinny, little, furry monster like he was another brother. I giggled endlessly as he tried to sell nose-less and ear-less Kermit the Frog sunglasses and settled for Groucho Marx glasses with ears. Genius.

Thus, in honor of that little blue genius, I give you the top five reasons why Grover is the best Sesame Street character:

1. Super Grover, enough said.



2. He shares a voice with Yoda and Yoda is awesome.



3. Singing Telegram:



4. Prepositions. No one can teach prepositions like Grover.



5. He’s nothing like Elmo. Elmo's annoying.

1 comment:

  1. And don't let's forget his literary contribution. "There's a Monster at the End of This Book" is brilliant.

    ReplyDelete